half a hundred / news April 2012
April 3, 2012
I heard your brothere he wrote low key his eyes loose He didn't let proof Written in these crowd a half a half a half a hundred stalking him solo
Hey folks! besides the post above, here are some fun news items:
- killer article by Johanna Drucker about the shortcomings of conceptualism, cleverly appropriated and re-contextualized by a conceptualist!
- JanusNode 3.08 is out! Now with
lipogramser, “Bokifications”! (man, those canadians stick TIGHT)
- Funkhouser’s Newark Review looking for “writing (all forms), video, sound, animation, multimedia, digital artwork, photojournalism, gaming, and software”
- I agree with Adam Parrish (er, “@aparrish“), we oughta call our stuff Black Hat NLP. (well, maybe Gray Hat NLP?) Coincidentally, I’ve been thinking of doing some topic modeling for generation.
- Someone is running a request for poems made out of source code – so the poem has to compile/be interpreted. Presumably putting the poem in comments or as the argument of a “print” statement doesn’t count! You could come up with something cool based on interesting variable names, but I think there’s room for something innovative using Prolog – i.e. that declares a poetic situation and also (when run) resolves it. Not really my thing, though.
- it’s never too soon to start thinking of Gnoetry Daily Volume 2, which I propose we start working on sometime September for dissemination around early December.
- check out othermichael’s work-in-progress TextMunger generator! I’ve been trying to convince him to post here, but til then you can check out his stuff @XraysMonaLisa.